Library Branch Manager
Converse County Library—Glenrock
We are a progressive, groundbreaking beautiful library! Work in a charming, fun, and vibrant community where flexibility and imagination is key. Want to live in a small community in central Wyoming with close access to shopping, entertainment and culture? Love showing off what libraries can do? We need you! We are looking for a branch manager for an impressive, high circulation library that is the hub of our community.
The successful candidate will be a skilled leader, supervisor, and planner with a strong commitment to public service who can actively support business goals and objectives, make competent decisions, remain organized, and meet deadlines. In addition, you should have a history of establishing and maintaining community partnerships, providing services to children and adults, and managing library collections. You should enjoy and feel comfortable working with people of all ages, backgrounds, and dispositions.
Library Branch Manager job duties include the following:
• Supervise and lead a team of Programming Managers and Circulation Clerks
• Assign and review work, write schedules, develop goals and objectives, review performance, train staff, and increase productivity.
• Ensure that the public is receiving responsive customer service.
• Work with a diverse customer base in a six day a week operation.
• Plan, direct, and participate in maintaining the library’s collections.
• Use a wide range of digital and print resources, provide general and specific information services.
• Respond to public concerns, inquiries, and complaints while using tact, diplomacy, and sound judgement.
• Manage projects and special events, create timelines, assign tasks, and monitor progress.
• Track, log, and submit statistics.
Minimum job requirements include the following:
• Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited college or university with a degree in Library and Information Science.
• At least four years of increasingly responsible professional library experience.
• Ability to work irregular hours and travel to multiple locations.
• Supervision of branch staff
• Customer Service
• Strategic goal achievement
• Coordinating and overseeing branch program design and implementation
• Branch budget oversight
• Training and coaching staff
• Collection maintenance and general daily operations of branch
• Safety and maintenance oversight
• Community liaison activities attendance and presentations
• Performs work under typical public library conditions
Licenses and Certification
• Requires a valid driver’s license.
• Criminal background check is required.
• Is subject to working evening and weekends as needed.
• $50,000; negotiable
Position open until filled.
• The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position.
• The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the need of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
• Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.